Tuesday, July 10, 2018

Week 3 1/2

Hola familia y amigos!!

I get to email today because I am officially transferring to a latin district!! We don't have a p-day for our first week so the next time I email will be next thursday. I'm so excited for this next stage of the CCM! I have to do all the welcomes and orientations again because the Latin District I'm with is brand new! That's because my last three weeks will be spent with their only three weeks here! My new companion is from El Salvador! I will meet him in about 30 minutes haha. This is about to be one of the hardest things I ever do. I'm going to have to teach myself the rest of the grammar and irregulars. My teacher probably doesn't know English, and most likely no one in my new district does either. I am going to have to learn basically by experience and trial and error haha. I may be able to get a little help from my old teachers every once in a while but I guess we'll just wait and see.

Not too much to report from the past five days, but you better believe I'm still loving it here! I was able to get closer to my companion, and help him with some of the things he's going through. He really is such a hard worker, and he will do great things in his mission. I am, however, so excited to speak solely in spanish from now on with my new companion! I am going to be learning so much faster than I am right now.

It rains so so so so much here haha. Pres Bennett said that if there's one thing he's learned while he's been here, it's that if it looks like its going to rain, its going to rain haha. Last sunday, we couldn't even here a lesson in a building because it was raining so hard haha. But other than that, the weather is absolutely amazing here! 

Also a quick funny story, that probably won't even be funny when you read it but just trust me it was hilarious in the moment. There was a rather odd Elder who was in charge of picking and leading a hymn for a devotional on sunday. When he started us off, he was absolutely the only one in the building singing for like half the first verse because it was a hymn that none of us have ever heard before. He was so confident and loud, and all of us could not stop laughing under our breath hahaha. We gave it our best shot for the other verses but it was basically a solo for him the entire time. Maybe that was his plan all along, his time in the spotlight, well played Elder bahahahah.

I love you all, and I can feel your support from good ole Orem! I'm loving it out here, and you can always count that I will be doing my best and working as hard as I can.

P.S. I have spent hours organizing my spanish scriptures by my favorite scriptures to use with investigators! It's so nice to finally be done haha. It's going to be so useful! The other pics are on the track that I run on every day. It has an amazing view that the pics does not to justice of. Love you all!




No comments:

Post a Comment