Sunday, September 29, 2019

Nuevo Compa!


Buenas tardes familia y amigos!!

Fall is offically here!! Ya'll better enjoy the beautiful Utah fall. I say Fall is my favorite season but then once winter comes, I say winters my favorite season.. and so forth haha. Thats the beauty of Utah though, there are actually four distinct seasons! Here thats definitely not the case haha.

Things a going great here in Tizayuca! We have so many great people in teaching. Of course most of them have very strong challenges like smoking or marriage but we honestly have high hopes for this new transfer!

Recently we got two of our investigators engaged! It was such a fun experience! He had everything ready and planned, and the three kids helped us out too. He put the ring inside of an avocado, her favorite fruit, and she loved it!! She said yes haha. One step closer to the baptism.

We had transfers this weekend and....... I have a new companion!! Im honestly super happy about it too! His name is Elder Cordeiro (lamb in portuegese) he's from Brazil!! He is honestly an amazing Elder. Ive never been in the same zone as him but Ive heard great things about him and with the 8 hours we have together so far, Im super excited! He's super humble, ready to work, and the most loving person! I know Im going to be able to work really well with him. He just got called as a zone leader so I will be teaching him the responsibilities. SO stoked! Elder Castro is headed to open up the area Mixquiahuala (my birthplace in the mish) with Elder Faussett who was my comp in the ccm.

I gave a talk this week in sacrament meeting which I think went well! I focused on what we need to do as members to help in missionary work. All of it starts with our own personal conversion. I love a quote from President Hunter that goes, paraphrasing, like this "the greatest indicator of one's personal conversion is their desire to share the gospel with others" I LOVE THAT: If we dont have a desire to share this knowledge with everyone, we really need to work on strengthening our testimonies. Everyone knows someone who isnt member, so share the message with them! Love you all!!

Elder Millard

pic 1: Elder Cordeiro and I in front of the beautiful black river of tizayuca.
pic 2: Elder Harris' death (he finished his mission)
pic 3: Meneces family engaged! the sign says (to say yes: smile, to say no: do a backflip) hahahaha





















No comments:

Post a Comment