Wednesday, September 12, 2018

WHATTT (transfers)






How are my friends and family doing?? Transfer news came, and Im just gonna get straight to the point. Yall are not going to believe this. I AM ENDING MY TRAINING 6 WEEKS EARLY AND I AM GOING TO TRAIN A BRAND NEW MISSIONARY. Haha yeah I don{t know how exactly that happened haha. That has never happened in the history of the mission. There are 25 new missionaries which are coming this cycle which is the most the mission has ever had, so me and Elder Bolanos (my columbian roomate from the ccm) are going to be trainers for two of the nuevos haha. But guys thats not all. Ready_ IM OPENING AN AREA TOO....ummmmm this is about to be the hardest thing Ive ever done in my life. And the area is called "Ojo de Agua" in the zone "Tecamac" in the state of Mexico! Its close to Mexico City and lets just say its a little bit of a crazier area. My specific area is more rich and safe so Im super excited. As soon as I got the news, I could just feel the people that Im going to meet, and the experiences that Im going to have with my "hijo". Hijo means "son" by the way haha because Im his trainer. I am unbelievably excited but also super nervous, Im about to be praying real hard.

Pres called me Friday night at 10:30 and said "Im about to ask you a question I have never asked before. Are you ready to cut your training in half and train a brand new missionary?" haha I knew it was a possibility because he had mentioned the crazy cycle that was coming but I didnt think itd actually happen. He said that he hates to split me and Elder Howell up because we were just starting to get rolling in Mixquiahuala but he said he really needs and trusts both of us. Pres has been kind of stressed out with this coming cycle because there are 10 new areas being opened which means ten new houses and everything inside the houses too. He has been a busy man. But I am so grateful for this opportunity I have in front of me to help him out and train a brand new missionary. I cant imagine what it will be like in his first interview with Pres. "So uhhh your trainer has a whopppin six weeks in the field" hahahah

Saying goodbye to Mixquiahuala was so hard. I will miss our converts Claudia and Maria, the family Reyes that will be baptized next week, and all of the dope members, especially the family I talked about last week. Lalo, abuelita Cholita, Miguel, Carenia, and everyone else are definitely people I will be coming back to visit. Its hard to leave this place right when I was starting to know the place and the people really good. Elder Howell and his hijo are going to baptize about seven people in the next three weeks because of the work me and Elder Howell did. Everyone thought Elder Howell was gonna go up to be an assistant but he was called as a trainer again. So he will stay here with his new hijo thats coming from Brazil haha. It{ll be hard to miss the results that were awaiting us but I know there is a plan for me to go to Ojo de Agua. Something bigger and better is waiting for me there.


My dad Elder Howell is going to be missed. I learned a lot from him and weve already planned to go to Jazz games tomorrow. We have a super close relationship and I find it unlikely that Ill have that kind of relationship with any of my other companions. Hes my brother. Ill have all of my different companions for a reason but truly Elder Howell was special and we had such a blast in Mixquiahual. Ill never forget my birthplace and all the experiences I had there.

My hijos name is Elder Molina and he is from Ciudad Juarez in Chihuaha! He is super cool and Im excited to work with him. He has really really good enlgish and he can speak french too! He kind of has a different personality but that just means that as a companionship we can relate to a greater spectrum of people! His mission call is actually to California Carlsbad so hes only gonna be here until his visa is figured out. So who knows how long Ill be training him. Im excited to see if he can take the initiative and contact. We were waiting in the chapel for about 10 hours yesterday as president was doing the interviews for a all of the new missionaries. So me and my hijo got to our house at about 10:30 pm.

We both know basically nothing about this place but Ive already seen how great the support is from the members here, so Im not too worried about it. I did this in Mixquiahuala too its just that now im the trainer and not the trainee! Im super excited to get to work here. It looks like we dont have much to start out with but once again thats what happened in Mixquiahuala so we just need to get out and start working!

One of our dope members gave us a little tour of our area today and I'm pretty sure there is not a bigger area than this one in the history of all of the missions in the world. HOLY CRAP. hahahaha there are a bunch of little "fraccionamientos" and each of them are basically a city. It takes 45 minutes to drive in a car from one end of the area to the other. We are going to die on bikes. Theres also little van things called "combis" that are super common for transport that we're gonna have to start using more. I'm just gonna focus on the areas a little closer to the actual colonia "ojo de agua" for now so I dont get us lost for a few days hahaha.

I love you all so much, and I'm so grateful for all of your support. I'm not gonna lie, I'm pretty nervous about this area, there's a lot of pressure laying on me. But I'm definitely more excited than nervous. The hard experiences are the best ones right? 

Cuidense familia y amigos!
Elder Millard

No comments:

Post a Comment