Monday, December 10, 2018

Pachuca!!



Que tal familia y amigos!?

What a fun first week in Pachuca! This place is gorgeous. Maybe its just because where I was in Tecamac was pretty ugly haha but this place looks so pretty! There are mountains full of colorful houses and pretty scenery. Defenitely a nice adjustment from where I've been haha.

Im in love with my comp guys. He's a champ, and we've been having so much fun. Also I forgot how fun it was to speak in English haha. I've already learned so much from him. He{s been zone leader since his training which was like 14 months ago so he{s just about seen everything. He{s been teaching me a lot about being a zone leader but also just how to be a good missionary. We{re both expecting to only have this one cycle together because that{s what pres made it sound like, so we{re definitely going to take advantage of our time together, and Im trying to get to know the area and my responsiblities so I can be prepared to take over if he leaves me in five weeks. 

This area was pretty dead when I arrived. Definitely a lot different than Tecamac where there are usually a lot more baptisms. Elder Housley has been putting a lot of dates these past cycles but almost all have fallen for the most unfortunate reasons haha. BUT, we have already found a lot of super cool new investigators and we see a bright future.

On Wednesday, we had the Leadership Council with all the zone leaders and sister training leaders and it went really well! You can always expect to eat super good at Pres' house and I learned so much from these Elders and Sisters that Ive looked up to ever since I arrived in the field. I was the youngest leader there, so I was definitely able to learn from the missionaries who have more experience.

Our ward is a lot different than in Ojo de Agua haha. Its a LOT smaller because this is the kind of area that most people move out of when they grow up and now we{re just left with mostly old people haha. Its super cool though because our bishop is from england and he has the coolest englsih accent while speaking spanish. He married a Mexican and now they{re living here with their kids that our honestly sooo dope. I dont know what it is but I have always been obsessed with the English accent (probably started with my young love for Hermione Granger), so I always love to talk to them. They always make fun of our english in the United States haha. 

On friday we got to play soccer with a bunch of orphans as a zone! It was a super fun opportunity, and it went really well! Elder Housley and I bought 100 donuts for the activity which was a nice bonus. It was a great activity for the light the world initiative.

Yesterday we went to a Christmas Choir program here in the Pachuca stake center and it was honestly so amazing. I came in with low expectations to be honesty because my experience with the music here in Mexico has been sub par haha but there were two soloists that had voices of angels! I was obesessed haha, havent heard voices like that since I left. Definitely a cool experience, especially for the investigator we brought.

The work has been a little more difficult here, but we are keeping our heads held high. It's already been such a cool opportunity to be zone leader and to get to know the zone really well. We have 19 missionaries in three different districts so theres quite a bit to look our for. Right now people are struggling pretty hard core so we're doing our best to motivate them and be an example. Im so grateful for the opportunities im given to learn from leadership. Today we had our zone activity where we had a little party in the chapel watching elf and home alone so that was a good time. Im excited for this coming week when we'll have our zone conference and see a pic of the new mission pres thats coming in june!

Que tenga una buena semana!

Elder Millard




No comments:

Post a Comment