Monday, January 7, 2019

Brissa and Arturo Baptism, Changes





Que honda familia y amigos!??

Happy late birthday to the most amazing woman I get to call my mom! What a champ. Hope you had the best day!
Pretty good week here in Pachuca! It hurts to even type this but there were some special changes that president made and now Elder Housley isnt my comp. What happened was that there was an elder who returned home a little early for school so pres asked Hous and I to take care of his comp for a couple days until more changes. Pres ended up sending Housley away instead of the other Elder. So Housley went to Mixquiahuala where I was born and he took the place of the zone leader who also just went home.
So I ended up here as a lone zone leader with the other Elder whos name is Elder Bodegas from Guatemala. He's one of the weirdest elders Ive ever met haha. He's pretty chill and is willing to work with you so thats good but he's just kind of an interesting guy haha. Sometimes he{ll just stare at me for a good 10 seconds out of no where hahaha. He has the funniest laugh too haha. He feels like my kid cuz he basically just follows me around everywhere without doubting or questioning anything haha. The changes for the whole mission are January 14th so im curious to see if I stay with him for this coming cycle or if I get another comp or leave the area or something. Pres had this change planned for a while though, maybe thats why he took Hous and I running while he still had the chance haha. So its been a little different without Housley. Im leading the area now even though I still dont know some of the areas very well but hey Ive done this plenty of times before so Im not worried. Its part of the adventure!

This saturday we had the baptism for the hermana Brissa and hermano Arturo, the contacts from week two this cycle! The program went SO GOOD!! A lot of members were able to show up since we did the program right before a ward temple trip. I baptized Brissa and Housley came from Mixqui to baptize Arturo. I sung with the bishops daughters which also went really good! I still cant get over the feeling I have right after every baptisimal ordinance. Its usually when Im back changing and have some time to think, and I just feel such a special spirit that this truly is the correct baptism and promise with God. Good stuff. Elder Bodegas and I had to wake up at 5 to get the baptisimal font ready because it takes five hours to prepare haha. It was quite the effort to get one of those boilers working. We made devices with sticks and matches to stick in the boiler to get it started haha. After the baptism, since our parking lot is so small, we literally lifted up and moved a taxi car so that bishop could drive his car out hahaha, we were pretty proud of ourselves.

Wasnt sunday just so great with the new changes!!? I mean it was probably pretty chaotic just like it was with us but Im a fan of the new manual of Come Follow Me and I think its gonna help everyone out a lot! It also just felt good to get out of the chapel faster not gonna lie haha. We came to church in a taxi with some of our investigator neighbors. It was their first time coming and they absolutely loved it! I could see Alma (the wife) just nodding her head to everything she heard. All of sunday was a testimony to me that this is the true gospel. I felt Christs love all day and I reflected on my experiences with my family and in the church and I just felt an undoubtable witness that we really are in the truth and that its so important to share with others. 

Things are good here in Pachuca! Sometimes I just start talking to my comp in english because Ive been with Housley for five weeks but then I realize he doesnt understand a word Im saying. Haha Ill have to remind myself Im with a Latino until the 14th and then we'll see what happens. Thanks everyone for all your love and support!

Hasta la proxima semana!

Elder Millard

A few pics from our run last week...





No comments:

Post a Comment