Tuesday, June 4, 2019

HALF WAY!!!


Como les va amigos y familia!?

I hope everythings going great in Orem! Congrats to all the bruins that just graduated! Summer has come. Its crazy to think that one year ago I was sitting in the Marriot Center for graduation. And now in one year from today, Ill be home! Time flies.

This week was pretty good! The heat is finally leaving and the rain is coming!! I guess I shouldve seen it coming, with this much green in Huauchi, we need a lot of rain to sustain it! In the capital of the state Im in right now has been having floods. Cars have been floating down streets because of all the rain. Here in Huauchi its not nearly as bad but we still get some pretty good storms! Im not complaining though, I would much rather have the rain instead of the heat since we dont have bikes in this area.

As a mission we had a goal to baptize 100 people in the month of May. We were notified this weekend that we got the goal and that we will be going to do a session in the Mexico City Temple as a mission on 11th and 13th of June (half of the mission going at a time)!!! I am soooo excited! I got to go to the temple right when I got into the mission field but it wasnt as special because I had just barely gone in the MTC but now its almost been a year!

Luke 9:62 says:
And Jesus said unto him, No man, having put his hand to the plough, and looking back, is fit for the kingdom of God.  
I love this scripture so much because it talks about the straight and narrow path that we are in. Once we accept the gospel, we cannot look back. Once I accepted my mission, I couldnt look back. Especially now that I have a year in the mission, I understand the importance of following through with something you planned to do. Many times, things dont seem easy or possible but if we look forward instead of backward, God will help us. It reminds me of Peter walking on the water towards Christ. He started to doubt and started to sing. He "looked back". but if we keep the faith and keep looking forward, God will work miracles with us.

Que tengan una buena semana!!!

Elder Millard 


No comments:

Post a Comment